Auto Repair Near Me
Is your car in need of servicing? Do you have an emergency and are looking for something quick? Well, no matter the need is, you will be able to find yourself a wide range of choices to get your vehicle fixed. Simply check out the Auto Repair Near Me Map below. It will show you all of the locations near you.
Just click on a location and it will tell you the name of the shop, its address and its phone number. You will also get its hours of operation and a link to its website if the company has one. Finally, you will also get reviews from past customers, just to make sure that you select the right place and with a few clicks you can get the directions to shop.
Auto Repair Near Me – Find it on the Map
Auto Repair Near Me – Auto Repair Trivia
Auto Repair Hours of Operation
Auto Repair shops normally have similar hours of operation. They tend to be open between 7 and 8am and close between 5 and 6pm. Many of the small independent locations tend to be closed on Sundays and national holidays. Larger chains and dealerships may offer services 7 days a week and if you are able to get to a large truck stop, they may offer 24 hour servicing for your vehicle.
Cost of Auto Repair
Auto Repairs can be expensive and it is important to make sure that you get yourself a good deal. If you have the luxury of being able to shop around and take your time, you may be able to get a few estimates. If you don’t it is important to know if you are not being taken advantage of. Here are some tips for when negotiating for your auto repairs. If you are looking at an independent shop, the average hourly rate for repairs is between $70 and $90 dollars per hour, engine work usually has a hire rate. If you are taking your car to a dealership, you will find a higher rate of between $80 and $125 per hour. You will find a selection of important repair tips below.
Auto Repair Chains, Dealers and Independent Auto Shops
There are a range of options for the type of auto repair locations in the United States. You have the choice of going to a chain or franchise repair provider. Almost all dealerships will offer servicing for the vehicles they sell. Many will offer maintenance packages to be included in the sale of your car if you are interested in them. You will also find independent auto shops which range in since from a single bay with one or two technicians to service cars to large multi-bay shops that have many technicians.
Auto Repair Chains
There are over 35,000 auto repair shops in the United States, with a few big players that have a number of larger locations. So, when you search Auto Repair Near Me, you may be able to find one of these chains nearby.
Is one of the largest chains, with over 450 locations across the United States. They specialize in auto body repair, so if your car got into an accident, they are there to help you out.
2. Fix Auto USA
This chain has over 400 locations. It does comprehensive work from general maintenance to auto body/collision work.
3. Boyd Group
These 2 main companies Boyd Autbody & Glass and Gerber Autobody & Glass have over 300 location across the United States and Canada. As their names say, they do pretty comprehensive work for your car. So, if you just had a rock take out your window or if you got into a bit of a crash, you will be able to get it worked on.
Auto Repair Near Me – Auto Repair Facts
Tips for Selecting the Right Auto Repair Shop
So, you know what price range you should be getting your services done at, but now you need to get your car serviced. How do you select the shop?
1. Understand your problem the best you can. Maybe you know your problem already. If you don’t, look through your car’s user manual and take a quick look there. You can also put its symptoms up on the internet. If you are able to speak more confidently about the problem to the shop, it will help you get the right service and it will be harder for people to charge you for things you don’t need.
2. Check out the reviews about the shop when you search it up on Auto Repair Near Me. People are 10 times more likely to report bad service than good. So, if a company has a history of bad service, it will be obvious quickly. You can also cross reference them with the Better Business Bureau or if your state has licensing requirements, you can check with them.
3. Make sure the technician is trained for your vehicles. Many technicians specialize in specific makes. So ask them about their background for your car. If you are dealing with a very specific and uncommon vehicle, it might be good to try and find a dealer or someone who had worked for that dealer or manufacturer. It is also good to check to see if they have A.S.E. (Automotive Service Excellence) certification.
4. Keep records of all services done to your car. If you purchased the car new, you will often have a record book to keep these, but just a folder with everything is better than nothing. If you are finding a repair shop within your home town, it is also good to build a relationship with one service company so they know your car. Just like you would have a family doctor, you want a family repair provider.
5. Get a detailed quote. Ask about labour costs and parts before hand and in writing is even better. Discuss optional parts, such as 3rd party after market parts versus parts from the dealer, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Not all vehicles have these options, but it is good to inquire to see about cutting costs if your budget is tight. You may also be able to get used parts for some vehicles.
6. After your car is fixed, be sure to try and stop problems before they start. Remember your car’s maintenance schedule, it should be in your user guide or check it online. Also, if something seems off with your car, look into it and don’t ignore it.