Brunch Near Me
Hungry and looking for something to eat? Slept in and enjoying a nice weekend? Well, brunch is one of the most popular meals, yet it can be difficult to find the best place to enjoy it. So, here to help you is the Brunch Near Me Map. Below, you will find the locations of all of the nearby brunch spots to enjoy.
Simply click on one of the locations and you will get the name of the restaurant, the address, and the phone number. You will also get their hours of operation and reviews from past customers. If the place has a website, you will also get the link so you can check out their menu to help you make your decision. Finally, you will be able to get directions with a few quick clicks to be on your way.
Brunch Near Me – Find it on the Map
Brunch Near Me – Brunch Trivia
What is Brunch and When can I get it?
Brunch gets its name from the mixture of breakfast and lunch. It is most famous as “Sunday Brunch”; however, it has become more loosely used on Saturdays and even on weekdays and many holidays. The origins of Brunch are debated between Britain and the United States but both places generally accept the creation of it late 19th or early 20th century. The idea was to enjoy breakfast food during lunchtime, and has since exploded with many ideas.
While brunch first started as a meal starting around noon, you can generally start finding it being offered earlier in the day and as late as 3pm. Many family restaurants, diners, pubs, hotels and buffets have some kind of selection of brunch items.
There are a number of different types of brunch meals. Generally, they all serve breakfast and some lunch style foods.
Sit Down Brunch
This is a regular restaurant style, where you enjoy sitting down and eating your food. The menus will typically have breakfast selections, with a few sandwiches and other more lunch style foods. So you have your choices of items like bagels, muffins, omelettes and pancakes with you BLT and fries on the menu.
Buffets are extremely popular in some areas for brunch, particularly on holidays. The buffets normally offer a wide range of regular breakfast foods like scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausages and bacon and sometimes a few more lunch offers like macaroni and cheese.
Dim sum Brunch
A bit of a Chinese twist on the buffet style. A dim sum brunch involves having a selection of stuffed steamed, deep fried or baked buns to choose from. The stuffing can be sweet or savory like red bean paste or meat. The buns are moved around the dining room on carts that come straight from the kitchen and you simply make your selection from the carts as they go past. So, you get the selection of a buffet but the convenience of table service. It is a really rather nice mix. If you see a Dim Sum Brunch when you search Brunch Near Me, be sure to try it out at least once.
Brunch At Home
This isn’t one that you will be able to randomly go to, but for completeness it should be listed. Brunch is commonly conducted at home as well. This is often when you have guests visiting or on holidays. This is normally just regular breakfast fare, such as pancakes, eggs, bacon, and fruit, being offered at home, but it can include excess amounts of food to indulge in.
Brunch Near Me – Brunch Facts
Most Popular Brunch Foods
So, not overly familiar with brunch or maybe you just want some new ideas. Here are some of the most popular brunch food items in America.
1. Pot Roast Hash – Looking for something a bit different? Do you have a big hunger to fill? Well, here you have it. You have got your beef roast, cooked in its own juices, fries, smashed potatoes, onions, peppers and an egg that has been cooked in butter. All this is put together to fill you up and make you wish you had a second stomach.
2. BLT Dutch Baby Pancake- You have the perfect communion of breakfast and lunch here. Baby pancakes with your delicious little baby tomatoes and shredded lettuce with large strips of bacon. Oh, and don’t forget, you also get to top it off with bacon jam. This takes the idea of brunch to a whole new level.
3. Sausage and Potato Casserole – This is a pretty simple one that you could make at home. What you need are some sausages, onion, peppers, beans, green chili and a potato. The steps pretty much involve cooking everything pan fried in a bit of oil after chopping it up and letting it simmer. Just be sure that the sausages get on that pan first to cook them well.
4. Banana Pancakes – a nice and easy treat that kids will be sure to love. There are two regular ways that these are done, either with the banana cooked into the pancakes or the bananas are sliced and put on top. Either way, they are great with whipped cream and a little icing sugar.
5. Fresh Fruit Parfait – Another simple dish that you can enjoy, and depending on how you do it, it might even be healthy. What you need is some fresh fruit, barriers are great. Add some yogurt and either nuts or granola. Some people also enjoy adding some ice cream, vanilla or French vanilla are highly recommended.
Three Excellent Brunch Locations
There are hundred of great brunch places across the United States but if you are traveling, or are lucky to live near one of these sweet spots, be sure to stop in and visit.
1. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas, Texas: This delectable spot is not only a gorgeous place to sit in, but the menu will make sure you are satisfied. They offer apple bacon cakes, smoked brisket benedict and even New York Strips all on the same menu. So if you want to enjoy your raisin pecan French toast while your partner wants the prime rib burger, you can both be fully satisfied.
2. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink in Miami, Florida: This spot has got some interesting mixtures. We don’t only mix lunch and breakfast, but also cultures. Here you can get your regular scrambled eggs but they also have breakfast pizzas and even a kimchi benedict, where you have a kimchi hollandaise sauce. Spicy.
3. Palisade in Seattle, Washington: This place offers a great brunch, including all of your classic choices, but what makes it stand out is the view. You have a view of the Seattle Skyline to enjoy your brunch. Also, you get endless Mimosas for $10.