Whataburger Near Me
Are you hungry and need something special? Do you have a craving for the best burger you have ever had? Whataburger may be the place to you. With a delicious classic style, yet a nice zest to their burgers, the Whataburger is a great choice for a great place to eat.
If you are looking for a nice close Whataburger location, check out the Whataburger Near Me map below. In the map, you will find the nearest locations to you. You can click on a location to learn more information about it, including the address, phone number, hours of operation and even reviews. If you want, you can get directions with a few simple clicks and be on your way quickly.
Whataburger Near Me – Find it on the Map
Whataburger Near Me – Whataburger Trivia
About Whataburger Locations
Whataburger locations have a classic look, with a standard old school fast food locations. They generally have an iconic A shaped frame. The menu is varied with a range of choices for your burger, with the choice to add special topics like the Jalapeno and Avocado. If burgers aren’t for you, they have chicken, tacos and melts to choose from. There is even a nice breakfast menu with all of your favorites.
The hours for a Whataburger are something that you can’t go wrong with. They are generally open 24 hours a day. So, no matter when your craving hits, they will be there for you. One difficult thing you might find is though, that, while Whataburger has almost 800 locations, all of these locations are clustered in ten southern states. So, unless you are planning a trip to the Lone Star State, where Whataburger was born, you might find yourself with a long road trip ahead of you to fulfill that craving for an A.1. Thick & Hearty Burger. So, if you aren’t sure if you are close to one, check for Whataburger Near Me before you plan your trip, just to be safe.
A Brief History of Whataburger
The first Whataburger was founded in 1950 by Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton in Corpus Christi, Texas. By 1951, a second location was already opened and by 1953 they already had a franchise opened by someone other than the founders. By 1959 the first Whataburger was opened in Pensacola, Florida, being the first location outside of Texas. To say the least, it grew quickly and was a popular venture.
Some interesting facts about the products sold. When the stores first opened, they sold Burgers, drinks and chips. French Fries were not even offered on the menu until 1962, which was also when hot pies were added. During the 80s and 90s, the company started offering a range of other items, such as Breakfast on a Bun and Chicken Strips.
By 2016 Whataburger had expanded to over 10 southern states and had almost 800 locations. The company still was privately held, primarily by the Dobson family and a few franchise owners who had joined on since then.
So, the original burger that you could get in 1950 for $0.25 will now cost you $3.09. Whataburger has gone through a range of changes and growth over the years, but the same great taste is there for you to enjoy. Next time you find yourself near one, stop in and have your favorite burger, some nice fries with spicy ketchup and a shake to wash it down.
Whataburger Near Me – Whataburger Facts
Quick Whataburger Facts
Whataburger celebrated its 65th anniversary in 2015 and has made several amazing feats since it was created. Here are some fun facts to get you started.
1. Whataburger had to have custom pans made to create their signature 5 inch burger patties.
2. While you may think another burger location has the most famous quarter pounder burger patties, Whataburger was the first burger joint to use quarter pounder burger patties.
3. The A design and colours were inspired by Harmon Dobson’s love for flying and the fact that he wanted the locations visible from the air. There are at least 15 locations remaining with this classic design, that was first introduced in 1969.
4. Whataburger has had a flag put on the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
5. You can purchase a line of Whataburger Ketchup and Mustards from some grocery stores in Texas.
6. Whataburger has been in Space! Prior to the retiring of the shuttle program, an astronaut on the Space Shuttle Columbia asked for Whataburger cookies on his mission.
7. Do you like to switch things up? There are at least 36,864 different ways that you can customize your Whataburger. Good luck on trying to enjoy each variety.
8. Are you an equestrian? Well, guess what! You can ride your horse to get your burger. Horses are welcome in both the parking lot and even the drive-thru.
9. Not only have people been married in Whataburger shops, but there has even been a Whataburger themed wedding.
10. Whataburger has been voted in the top 10 lists of burgers in America, and one poll by Fastcompany even found it to hold the number 1 spot.
11. Whataburger has always been and continues to be family owned. The head of the company has been held strongly within the Dobson family. It started Harmon Dobson and got passed to his wife Grace. In the 1990s it was passed down to Tom Dobson, the son of Harmon and Grace, who continues to be the head of company today.
12. The first Whataburger to open outside of Texas was opened in 1959 in Florida.
13. A great honor was bestowed upon the chain following its 50th anniversary. In 2001 Whataburger was declared a “Texas Treasure” by the state legislature.
14. As of 2016 there are more than 790 Whataburger locations across 10 states. Hopefully you can find one close to you with your Whataburger Near You search.
15. There are merchandise items made around Whataburger condiments. You can buy Whataburger Ketchup bags and shirts. Not to mention a wide range of general Whataburger merchandise items.