Pep Boys Near Me
Is your car in need of some new tires? Did you need to get your oil changed? Maybe your car is just making a strange sound and you want it to get check out. Well, Pep Boys are happy to help you out at one of their full service locations. You can track them down with a quick look at the Pep Boys Near Me Map below.
In the map, you will have all of the nearby locations available. Just click on one of those locations and you will be able to get its address, phone number and hours of operation. You will also be able to read reviews written by past customers and with a few clicks you will have directions, so your care can be on its way to a nice tune up.
Pep Boys Near Me – Find it on the Map
Pep Boys Near Me – Pep Boys Trivia
Pep Boys Hours of Operation
Pep Boys tries to be open convenient hours for its customers. Normally, they open up between 7 and 8am on weekdays and will close between 7 and 9pm in the evening. On the weekends, the hours may be reduced but they are still open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, unless it is on a major holiday, like Christmas.
A short history of Pep Boys
Pep Boys is one of the oldest auto service companies in the country. They first opened in Philadelphia in 1921. The first location was started by Emanuel “Manny” Rosenfeld, Maurice “Moe” Strauss, Graham “Jack” Jackson, and Moe Radavitz. The 4 friends started the location, which was called Pep Auto Supplies with an investment of $200 each. Moe Radavitz left the company after only 2 years and in 1923 the company changed it’s name to “The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe and Jack”. This was the time that they started to use the caricatures that they still use today.
By the 1930s the company had 40 locations in Philidelphia and they started their first location on the west coast.
In 1946 the company officially went public. Manny Rosenfeld became the first president of the company, until he passed away and was replaced by Moe Strauss.
Today, you can find 805 Pep Boys across the country in 35 different states. While they aren’t everywhere, there are a large number of locations. So, if you search Pep Boys Near Me you have a good chance of being able to find one in your area. Give them a few more years and you may be able to find more of them around the country and getting closer to being available in every state.
Pep Boy Services
Have you never been to a Pep Boy? Well, here are their basic services that you will find at all of their locations.
They will balance, align, replace and rotate your tires. They do sales of new tires and even custom tires if you are looking for something a bit more fancy. Oh, and if you have a flat tire, they will help you with that too.
2. General services:
Your regular services are also normally done. You have oil changes, break and fluid checks. They will even do diagnostics for your engine.
3. Free Services:
Pep Boys offers some very standard free services for you in case you need them. You have your standard battery test, break inspection and alignment test. They will also install your windshield wipers.
4. Special Services:
If you are interested in getting your care lifted or lowered, for whatever reason, they are there and ready for you.
Pep Boys Near Me – Pep Boys Facts
Pep Boys Facts and Trivia
Pep Boys has gone through a few changes over the years and experienced a wide range of situations that it had to adapt to. Here are some fun parts of its history.
1. The name has nothing to do with any of the first owners. The name Pep came from a combination of need and convenience. The store that they purchased had little room for a name and one of their first products was the Pep Valve Grinding Compound, which is where the friends borrowed the name from.
2. The Caricatures have been changed twice. The first was when Graham Jackson left in 1925. The company replaced is pictures with the picture of Moe’s brother Isaac Strauss. The second big change came in 1990 when there was a change with Manny’s picture. Previously, his picture had been smoking a cigar. The cigar was removed from the image to reflect the changing perspectives of smoking.
3. Pep Boys didn’t always sell auto products. During the Second World War Pep Boys, like many other companies had to deal with wartime resource changes. Since the automotive manufacturers focused on supplying the military their equipment. This situation caused Pep Boys to be looking for other ways to make money and stay in business. To do this, they started selling a wide range of goods including clothing, bicycles and even garden equipment. The locations in the West Coast even tried wholesale selling items and exporting goods. The branching out kept the company afloat during the turbulent times.
4. During the 1990s, Pep Boys had a big failure. In 1995 it started a parts only set of stores, which were renamed to Pep Boy Express; however, the poor performance didn’t do well and the company ended up selling 100 of the locations to AutoZone and closed down 9 more. It was a painful few years for Pep Boys. By 2000 it faced a $50 million loss, which resulted in 38 stores closing.
5. Pep Boys is able to service a large number of vehicles. With 6,259 service bays in their 621 stores (as of 2010), Pep Boys services over 6 million cars each year. Their “Rewards” program has over 23 million people registered for it. Their rewards program offers discounts and free services for members. So, when you are searching Pep Boys Near Me, you may be interested in registering it.
We just got suv we need to know how much it would cost to look at everything